Friday, April 26, 2013

21 April in Hantu

My second dive with the HantuBloggers. I must have gotten too used to dive with Blue Water Volunteers on Dolphin. Totally forgotten about the works, loading the tanks and gear, with Mr Yeo's boat. Even arrived 20 minutes late! Apologies guys.

Arrived in Pulau Hantu about 1030 am. The weather was bright, everyone cannot wait to jump off, especially after gearing up, because it was HOT! I was keen to jump for another reason, I have just bought my first dive computer, a Suunto Zoop. My dive buddy was my climber friend, Racheal Ang and we were guided by Edwin.

We were greeted by a scallop on reaching the bottom. Nice. It instinctively closed slightly when it sensed my presence.





There were a few Blue Dragon Nudibranch, Pteraeolidia ianthina.





The Phyllids did not disappoint either.







It was also nice that a flatworm showed up for a photo.





There were a couple of whip goby at the deeper end.







As the dive progress, the lights went off, it had started to rain, as we found out after we surfaced.

I checked my dive computer,

Time of entry 11:03 am
Temperature- 30 Deg C
Depth 11.6 metres
Dive Time 57 Minutes
Air at entry 3000 psi
Air remaining 500 psi

After a quick lunch some of us were a little reluctant to dive again. It is now raining and we were feeling cold. Mr Yeo had moved the boat to the south jetty. Someone suggested that it will be warmer in the water. Quite a few started to gear up and make the jump for the warmth.

There were a few reef crabs, Etisus sp.







Edwin showed us a small Bornella sp. Nudibranch. Always nice to see these pretty guys.





I found this Blue Dragon nudibranch, interestingly not on the silt bottom but on a sea fan.





Edwin then showed us a Ceratostoma.





While I swam around the pillars of the jetty, a Winged Pipefish was slithering on it. It the first time I see one.





Then I caught sight of something bright under a section of pipe. It was a cleaner shrimp, the first time I seen it in Singapore waters.





Just as I was engrossed with the cleaner shrimp, Edwin tapped my on my shoulder and shown be a Tiger-tailed Seahorse.





As I was photographing this seahorse, another showed up to vie for a photo from me.





At the end of my second dive, the dive computer reads.


Time of entry 13:28 hours
Temperature 30 Deg C
Depth 11.9 metres
Dive Time 79 Minutes
Air at entry 3000 psi
Air remaining 300 psi

Was a nice day! Thanks Edwin, thanks HantuBlog.




No comments:

Post a Comment